At Curledge Street Academy, our school dinners are provided by Aspens, a leading provider of primary school meals in the UK.
Our menu aims to promote and encourage balanced eating habits and a healthy lifestyle from an early age. The menu supports the core theme of healthy eating within the Healthy Schools programme. Dishes are freshly prepared each day and the recipes are developed to ensure that they are of the highest nutritional standards.
Children who are in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 classes will be entitled to a free school meal daily. The class teacher will complete a dinner register each day asking if they are having a packed lunch or hot dinner in the normal way..
Meals will be served in the main hall and from a servery in the foundation building. Packed lunches will be eaten in a room off the main hall.
The dates of each week can be found at the top of the menus.
Price: £2.40 per meal
If you receive any of the following benefits your child may be entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Child tax credit (without working tax credit) and an annual income below £16,190
- Guaranteed element of pension credit
- Employment and support allowance (income related)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999